Friday, August 6, 2010

Sucks to your Sharktopus

So, most people have probably heard of SyFy's latest endeavor.... Sharktopus if you haven't here is a sample :



Oh SyFy... how is it that you are so close and yet so far from what could be pure gold?

I like the basic use of sharks because, let's face it, sharks are scary. Dinoshark definitely had both it's brilliant and cracktastic qualities to it. However, if you want to go for fear, an octopus doesn't do it for me. I either start thinking of Davy Jones from Pirate of the Caribbean or my mind goes, "Fuck, I haven't had calamari in a while. I should order calamari."

Do you want to instill hunger onto your victims, or fear? Here is my proposal for you, mixing one of people's biggest fears on land with one of their biggest fears in the sea.

ARACHNISHARK


Sharks scare the crap out of people. So do spiders. Think of the wonderful creature you could create by combining these things.



I know I'm afraid.



ARACHNISHARK
Starring Nick Lachey

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have Gimp at home on the laptop but hopefully the PC will be up and running soon and I can come up with some decent shops/manips. :)

    ReplyDelete